Hitch Extension, 8" with bolt & lock
Out Of Stock. Available again September 4th.
For 2" hitches, extension gives you more clearance for your bike rack or trailer away from the vehicle. The insert tube is threaded, by bolting in the extension, you get rid of 80% of the play and rattle vs extensions that use just a pin. Included is the 8" extension, hitch bolt, lock pod & 2 keys. If you want to match the key to another Rockymounts product, ask your dealer or add the lock # you want in the comments field at checkout. Allows BackStage, MonoRail & SplitRail racks to fold flat on Wrangler and other cars with spare tires. Works well for bike racks including Thule ® Yakima ® & Kuat ®. Great for camper vans & camper trucks.
Optimized for bicycle hitch racks, includes anti wobble, locks, tool for installation, e coated & powder coated to keep the rust at bay.
Note: If you want a specific core # to match your current locks, type the four digit code (ex. E144) in the "Comments" field and checkout and we will match them.
As with all hitch extensions, they lower weight ratings by 50%, confirm you are within specifications before use.
- Electroplated plus powdercoat for best rust resistance
- Welded steel construction
- Includes lock, two keys & wrench for installation
- Fits 2" Hitches only
- Maximum Trailer Weight- Lower amount of 3500 lbs or 50% maximum listed on your trailer hitch
- Maximum Tongue Weight- Lower amount of 350 lbs or 50% of maximum listed on your hitch. (For use with bicycles, Tongue Weight is your guide, not Trailer Weight)