- Parts & Accessories
Available February 15.
RockyMounts DriveShaft HM is our locking 12mm/15mm/20mm thru-axle bolt on system for trucks, SUV's, and trailers. Comes with a flat mounting surface designed for "do it yourself" bolt on installation. Designed with a wide mouth opening to easily load your bike and a T-Bolt that adjusts for a tighter hold so the thru-axle cannot be unscrewed. Lock and keys included.
***If you're looking for a truck bed bike mount that fits into the slotted bed channels found in Toyota, GMC, Chevy, and Nissan we recommend the DriveShaft Track https://rockymounts.com/collections/racks-and-accessories/products/driveshaft-track
If you're looking to adapt a fork mount bike rack, check out the DriveShaft Adapter, found here.
I do not understand how it locks, can't you just unscrew the thru axle?
- No, when closed, there is too much friction on the axle and the thru axle cannot be removed.
I also have a standard quick release on one of my bikes, can I use this?
- Yes, but you need to get the Dummy Axle with 9mm QR. https://www.rockymounts.com/products/dummy-axle-and-9mm-qr
- Snap in nylon shims allow you to switch between 12mm, 15mm, and 20mm thru-axles, (12mm shims sold separately here).Wide mouth opening for easy loading
- Adjustable T-bolt for a secure hold; thru-axle cannot be unscrewed.
- Lock and keys included
- Dummy axle and 9mm QR available for carrying a fork with standard dropouts. Sold separately here. Height = 4.5"
- Mounting Hole Spacing = 4 3/8" (center to center)
- Mounting Hole Size = 6mm
- Color: Black
- For a full list of features, click here.
What is the difference between the DriveShaft and DriveShaft HM?
- The HM is a bolt on mount for bolting to a pick-up. It can also be used as a fork mount adapter using our Dummy Axle for 9mm QRs.
What is the difference between the DriveShaft HM and HotRod?
- They both work great, the DriveShaft HM is locking the HotRod is not.
Is it compatible with "Boost 110"?
- Yes, it will work with Boost 110 spacing.
Is it compatible with 15 x 150 axles.
- No, since the axle is so long it could deform and might not fit into the hub.
Does is come with any mounting hardware?
- No. There are many possibilities on where you might mount the DriveShaft HM (steel, wood, etc). The DriveShaft HM has mounting holes that accept 1/4" or M6 bolts that you will need to provide.
Does it lock?
- Yes, it includes a lock and two matching keys. How can I get two keyed alike? If you get them from a dealer, ask them to find two with the same keys (the key # is stamped on the bottom of the box). We try to ship them to our dealers so this is possible. If you order them from our website, we will do this automatically. Note: Many online dealers have remote warehouses and cannot provide this service. Please call/email them to verify.
Why can't the axle just be unscrewed when locked?
- The axle is gripped by the frame and is impossible to un-thread before breaking the QR handle.
Is there a weight limit?
- Yes, there is a 35lb weight limit. Do not try to mount your moped.
Will it fit my fork mount?
- If you're looking for a fork mount adapter, check out the DriveShaft thru-axle adapter, found here.
How does it fit 12mm, 15mm, and 20mm axles?
- We include one set of snap-in nylon shims that will convert the stock 20mm setting to fit 15mm axles. 12mm shims sold separately.
Can I put my road bike (standard fork) on it?
- Yes, but not out of the box. The DriveShaft HM has the option to purchase a separateDummy Axle to use with standard fork drop-outs that clamps in place as your axle would. Please Note: If the Dummy Axle is used your bike will not be locked.